We've all been there. Cruising down memory lane in Timehop, reveling in some sweet, sweet nostalgia when BAM! You're hit with mega-cringey tweets from high school. Or maybe memories of an ex you'd rather not relive. Some pics from a vacay to the beach taunting you while you're swirling inside of a polar vortex. Maybe you want you put these memories on mute for a little while. We got you.
We created a feature called hide-a-memory that allows you to hide unwanted content from coming up again in your Timehop. This article will:
- Explain how to hide unwanted memories* in Timehop.
- If you would like to unhide memories in Timehop, check out the article below:
To hide an unwanted memory in Timehop, follow the steps below:
- Tap on the social media icon on the upper left-hand side of the content you want to hide.
- On the following screen, tap and hold to hide the memory from appearing in Timehop.
- You should now see that memory float away and fade to black. It will no longer appear in your Timehop starting the next time you open the app.
You have successfully hidden memory from Timehop! Good riddance.
Please note: Hide-a-memory hides unwanted content from appearing in Timehop. However, it does not permanently delete content from its original source or remove the memory from your actual memory, Eternal Sunshine style. Please proceed accordingly.
*local photos and content from Google photos cannot be hidden from Timehop.